Terms & Conditions
Southampton FC Future of Football Challenge powered by Yolo Group and Sport Republic
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Thank you for your interest in “Southampton FC Future of Football Challenge powered by Yolo Group and Sport Republic” (the Programme).
We’re delighted that you are considering applying to participate in the Programme, and we look forward to receiving your application. However, before you submit your application, we ask that you read these application terms carefully, as they contain important information about the application process and your rights and responsibilities if you do decide to submit an application.
By submitting an application, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us before you submit your application.
Please note: In some cases, we may feel that your business or business idea is unsuitable for the Programme but may still be interested in discussing investment or commercial opportunities with you. In this case, these terms will still apply in part. Please see paragraph 8 for more information.
1. About Us
- The Programme is organised by DIGITAL PATH OÜ (the Organiser of the Programme) with REDDIGITAL OÜ (Yolo Group) and SPORT REPUBLIC UK LTD (Sport Republic) as branding partners (jointly as the Partners), in conjunction with THE SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB LTD (the Sponsor of the Programme).
- The DIGITAL PATH OÜ is a company incorporated in Estonia, with registered number 14596723 whose registered office is at Pille tn 9/3-53, Tallinn 10138, Estonia.
- The SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB LTD is a professional football club and company registered in England and Wales with company number 53301. The Sponsor’s registered office address is St Mary's Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP.
- The SPORT REPUBLIC UK LTD. is a London-based investment firm in the sports and entertainment industry registered in England and Wales with company number 13790702 whose registered office is at 11th Floor, 200 Aldersgate Street, London, United Kingdom, EC1A 4HD
- The REDDIGITAL OÜ, a part of the Yolo Group, is a company incorporated in Estonia, with registered number 14628699, whose registered office is at Suur-Patarei 13, Tallinn 10145, Estonia
- Any reference to we, us or our in these terms is a reference to the Organiser unless otherwise stated.
- The Organiser, the Sponsor and each of the Partners are separate entities which are working together to deliver the Programme and nothing in these terms is intended to suggest any other association between the Organiser, the Partners and the Sponsor.
2. About You
- The Programme is open to companies, partnerships and other similar legal entities.
- If you are applying on behalf of a company, partnership or similar entity you must be authorised by the relevant entity to submit an application on its behalf, and by submitting an application you confirm that you have the appropriate authorisation. Any reference to you is to the company, partnership or other legal entity named in the application form.
- We want to open applications to the programme as widely as possible, so we have only a few eligibility criteria. You (and, if you are applying as part of a team, each member of your team):
1. must be at least 18 years of age; and
2. must not be an employee of the Sponsor, the Organiser or either of the Partners, involved in the Programme selection process, a Programme mentor, or otherwise involved in the design, delivery or promotion of the Programme (or a member of any such person’s immediate family or household).
- The applications round is organised remotely and we welcome international applicants, but please be aware that if you are applying you will be responsible for complying with any immigration (e.g. visa) requirements and any travel costs involved in participating in the full Programme if we decide to organise physical bootcamp for second round (pitch event).
- You are welcome to submit or be involved in multiple applications, provided that each application should be substantially different from each other. If we consider that two or more applications that you are involved in are too similar, we may ask you to choose one of those applications to proceed with.
3. Submitting Your Application
- The application period is open from 04 January 2023 to 23 February 2023.
- We reserve the right to consider and accept applications which are submitted after the closing date, or which have been started but not submitted by the closing date. However, this is entirely within our discretion, and we are under no obligation to do so.
- All applications are submitted via the f6s.com application service. In addition to these application terms, you must comply with any terms applicable to the use of the F6S service.
- You must ensure that you read the application form carefully, complete all sections appropriately and follow any instructions given in the form.
- You must complete the application form in English. If you arrange for any part of the information that you submit to be translated from another language, you are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the translation.
- We reserve the right to reject any application that we consider inappropriate for any reason, for example where:
1. the application is not completed in accordance with the instructions set out in the application form;
2. the application is not completed in English;
3. the application is a duplicate of (or similar to) an application already submitted;
4. you have not properly identified yourself, your team or the legal entity that you are applying on behalf of;
5. we consider that any content that you have submitted is not in accordance with (or may not be in accordance with) your responsibilities to us (see paragraph 5); or
6. we do not consider that your application describes a business or business idea which would benefit from participation in the Programme.
- In the event of any dispute regarding your application, our decision shall be final.
4. What Happens Next
- Following the application closing date, we will assess all eligible applications which have been submitted in accordance with the following criteria:
1. potential impact of the application on the Sponsor;
2. novelty of the idea;
3. quality of the applicant / team;
4. speed of integration;
5. competitive advantage.
- We will also undertake due diligence on each applicant, including to verify their identity, qualifications, and role in the creation of the business or business idea. You must provide any reasonable assistance that we require in carrying out this process. Unfortunately, we will not be able to proceed with any application where the outcome of the due diligence is unsatisfactory in any respect, as determined in our absolute discretion.
- We will select the most promising applications and invite the applicants who submitted them to attend on pitch event (online if needed). We anticipate that around 25 applicants will be selected, although we reserve the right to select more or less depending on the quantity and quality of applications received.
- If you are invited to attend on pitch event we will notify you of the exact form of the event, the date and time at which you need to attend and any other important arrangements that you need to be aware of.
- These terms only govern the application process. Up to 10 Qualifying Teams will be selected to join the Programme with participation agreements in a form provided by us (Participation Agreement).
- If you are invited to participate in the Programme this invitation will be subject to you agreeing to our Participation Agreement, a copy of which will be provided to you.
- An invitation to participate in the Programme may also be subject to other conditions, for example a requirement to form a limited company (if you do not already have one) and to transfer your business (including any relevant intellectual property rights) into the limited company.
- We may also ask you whether you are interested in receiving an investment from us or an associated party. If you are interested, this investment will be subject to due diligence and the completion of appropriate documentation. No investment is guaranteed and remains at our or the associated party’s discretion. By submitting an application, you are not committing to accept an investment, although you confirm that you are interested in receiving investment offers and that you are willing to consider in good faith any investment offer that we do make.
5. Your Responsibilities
- You must submit your application and participate in the application procedure in good faith and in a professional and reputable manner.
- Without limiting the generality of paragraph 5.1, you must not at any time submit any information or content to us which you know or have reason to believe may be:
1. fraudulent, false, inaccurate, misleading or incomplete;
2. illegal, unlawful or in breach of any applicable regulation or guideline;
3. defamatory or derogatory to any person;
4. obscene, offensive, insulting or explicit;
5. infringing of any person’s rights, including intellectual property rights, contractual rights, privacy or confidentiality;
6. harmful or infected with malicious code; and/or
7. potentially damaging to our reputation if it were to be disclosed to any person.
- If you submit any information or content and subsequently become aware that it may contravene paragraph 5.2 (for example because new information has come to light or because of a change in circumstances) you must inform us immediately and, where appropriate, provide us with updated information or content correcting the issue.
- You agree to indemnify the Sponsor, the Partners, and the Organiser for any loss, damage, cost, claim or expense that we may suffer as a result of:
1. your breach of these terms and conditions;
2. our receipt, possession or use of any information or content that you provide to us (whether or not that information or content contravenes this paragraph 5).
6. Confidentiality and Privacy
- You are not required or expected to include any confidential information about you or your business or business idea in the application form, video pitch or in your presentation on pitch event.
- We will assume that any information that you do provide to us during the application procedure, video pitch or on pitch event is either already in the public domain or is information that you have no issue with being publicly shared.
- If you provide us with information which has been provided to you by, or which relates to, someone else, whether a team member or not, you must have their consent to do so and must ensure that they do not consider it to be of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- We will not be bound by any confidentiality notices or similar statements contained in information that you provide. If for any reason you do feel it necessary to provide information that must be kept confidential, you must notify us before you provide that information, in which case we will, where appropriate, enter into a suitable form of confidentiality agreement with you.
- We appreciate that participation in the Programme itself will inevitably involve the sharing of confidential information. If you are invited to participate you will be provided with a copy of our Participation Agreement which provide more details about this.
- We care about privacy and data protection and follow the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) principles throughout the application round, the whole Programme and beyond. The Organiser is the personal data Controller regarding the personal data processing related to these terms.
- The Organiser will transfer such Personal Data provided by you to the Partners and/or the Sponsor where necessary for the Partners and/or the Sponsor to participate in the selection process for the Programme. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to this transfer of Personal Data.
7. Intellectual Property
- We appreciate that your intellectual property is important to you. Nothing in these terms will operate to transfer any intellectual property rights from you to us, and likewise nothing will operate to transfer any intellectual property rights from us to you.
- You must not use our intellectual property rights, including our respective names, logos, documentation or materials in the course of the application process or in any other way without our express written consent.
- Please be aware that it is strictly forbidden to use the Sponsor, the Partners and/or the Organiser trademarks (names, wordmarks, logos and/or trade mark(s)) in any way or format without prior written consent from us before, during and after the Programme.
- We may use your intellectual property rights solely for the purposes of the operation of the Programme, including as required to review and consider your application and in reasonable promotion of the Programme (such as confirming your participation in the application process on the Programme website and in other publicity material and providing details about you and your business or business idea). Please be aware that any part of pitch event may be recorded/filmed and any recording we make may be publicised and circulated as we consider appropriate.
8. Other Opportunities
- Whether or not we decide to take your application forward and invite you to attend pitch event or participate in the Programme, we may still be interested in discussing investment or commercial opportunities with you. By submitting an application, you confirm that you are agreeable to either the Sponsor, the Organiser or the Partners contacting you with opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Where you are contacted about an opportunity in this way subsequent to submitting an application to participate in the Programme, paragraphs 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 of these terms will continue to apply to those discussions (with references to the Programme and application process being read as references to those discussions) unless and until a more formal agreement is put in place governing those discussions.
- Subject to the remaining provisions of this paragraph 9, the Sponsor’s, the Organiser’s and the Partners’ respective total aggregate liability in respect of all causes of action arising out of or in connection with these terms and/or your participation in the application process for the Programme (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall not exceed EUR 1,000 each.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost market share or damages stemming from an interruption of supply arising out of this agreement, however caused and on any theory of liability.
- The Sponsor, the Organiser nor Partners have no liability for:
1. any incorrect or inaccurate information provided about the application process or the Programme in error;
2. technical failures of any kind, including of the server handling applications;
3. failure to receive an application for any reason;
4. unauthorised intervention of any third party in any part of the application process; or
5. technical or human error in the administration of the application process.
- You should keep a copy of any information that you submit to us electronically and, where you are sending us physical documentation, only send us a copy and retain the original. We cannot be responsible for any loss of data or documentation.
- The Sponsor’s, Organiser’s and Partners’ liability under these terms is several and not joint. Accordingly, each of the Sponsor, Organiser and Partners are responsible only for their own breaches and failures and not those of the other.
- By submitting an application you agree that the limitations and exclusions set out above are reasonable having regard to all of the circumstances, including the fact that there is no charge to submit an application. If you do not agree that these limitations and exclusions are reasonable, please do not submit an application.
10. Contact Details
- Any enquiries about the Programme should be sent to the Organiser at [email protected].
- If we need to contact you (or serve any contractual notices on you) we will use the contact details you provided when you submitted your application. If your contact details change at any time, please let us know immediately.
- We reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the application process for the Programme or any part of it at any time.
- We also reserve the right to suspend or disqualify any applicant from the process at any time where we consider it necessary to protect the integrity or operation of the Programme or our legitimate interests, or where we suspect that an applicant has breached these terms or acted in a manner that is inappropriate, unethical or otherwise inappropriate.
- Our failure to enforce any provision of these terms at any time will not constitute a waiver of our rights under that provision.
- The invalidity of any provision of these terms shall not in any way affect the existence or enforceability of the remaining terms. If any provision is found to be unenforceable then we shall be entitled to replace it with an enforceable provision that reflects the intention of the unenforceable provision as closely as reasonably practicable.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these terms or your application, our decision shall be final.
- To ensure fairness for all applicants, we cannot agree variations to these terms for individual applicants. If we communicate with you in any way, whether in writing or orally, nothing that we say or do is intended to (or will) amend or override these terms in any way.
- In certain circumstances we may however need to amend these terms of a general basis, with revisions that apply to all applicants. Where we make any changes to these terms we will notify all applicants who have already submitted applications and give them the opportunity to withdraw their application if they no longer wish to proceed as a result of the change.
- These terms (including any associated non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by Estonian law and you and we each accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the Estonian courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms (except that if you reside, conduct business or have assets outside Estonia we may take enforcement action against you or seek interim relief in any jurisdiction where you reside, conduct business or have assets).