Southampton Football Club's Executive Head Chef, Zoltan Szalas, shares some of his favourite recipes for you to try out at home during the lockdown.
White chocolate and raspberry semifreddo
We all need a cheat day treat now and again, and this frozen dessert is a real hit at home, so I wanted to share it with you!
• 200g frozen raspberries, plus 3 handfuls
• 50g icing sugar
• 80g dark chocolate (70%)
• 200g white chocolate
• 4 separated eggs
• 130g caster sugar
• 500ml double cream
• 200g digestive
• 60g clarified butter
1. To make the raspberry puree, place the 200g of raspberries and the icing sugar in a pan, simmer for 10 minutes, then pass through a sieve and chill.
2. Place the dark chocolate in a bowl and melt in a microwave. When it's nice and runny, spread it onto a baking sheet, as thin as possible, then chill it in the fridge.
3. Melt the white chocolate, and set aside.
4. Semi whip the double cream, and set aside.
5. Cream the egg yolk with 50g caster sugar, and set aside.
6. Cream the egg white with the remaining 80g sugar, and set aside.
7. Fold the melted white chocolate into the double cream. Then fold in the creamed egg yolk, and mix it. Then finish up by folding in the creamed egg white. Make sure you fold the egg white mix in three parts and be gentle to make sure you don't break the the whipped egg whites. You want the mixture to be nice and airy.
8. Fill a terrine mould with cling film. If you don't have a mould, you can use a narrow tray or small baking tray.
9. Pull out the dark chocolate sheet from the fridge. Divide into 2-3 parts lengthways.
10. Place a little raspberry puree and white chocolate cream in the mould/tray and add some whole raspberries.
11. Repeat this again and then add one dark chocolate sheet as well. Repeat this process until it fills up, then place the mould into the freezer to set a bit.
12. Blitz the digestive biscuits roughly, then add the melted butter and sprinkle on top of the set parfait.
13. Freeze it overnight, then finish with a topping of fresh raspberries and chocolate.