Thousands of people across the UK will come together this Sunday, 26th April, to show support for their chosen charities by tackling their own ‘2.6 Challenge’ – and Saints Foundation is encouraging you to get involved too.
In response to the postponement of this year’s London Marathon, the world’s biggest one day annual fundraising event, the UK’s mass participation event industry has come together to create The 2.6 Challenge, a nationwide fundraising campaign to support the UK’s Charities in this difficult time.
This is a challenge for any age and all abilities. All you need to do is think of an activity that you can do in your own home, garden or on your balcony that suits your skills and is based around the numbers 26 or 2.6. Saints legend, Franny Benali, is one of many inspiring fundraisers taking part.
Benali’s taking the challenge to an extreme by tackling a full marathon, which will be completed by running an incredible 717 laps of his own back garden.
Speaking about the marathon, he said: “It’s going to be a really different experience to what I’m used to. I hope that people can get behind me and support two charities that are doing so much good at the moment.
To support Franny in his 2.6 Challenge visit his page here
You can follow the former Saint take on his challenge by following Saints Foundation on Twitter at @SFC_Foundation or Benali himself at @FrannyBenali.
Greg Baker, Head of Saints Foundation, hopes the people of Southampton and the wider community can get behind Benali, as well as, where possible, completing their own 2.6 Challenge. He said "The 2.6 Challenge is encouraging individuals young and old to come up with their own task or challenge - no matter how small or large"
Greg Bakerstanding together for, not just Saints Foundation, but charities right across the country.
Head of saints Foundation
If you would like to take on your own 2.6 Challenge, follow these simple steps:
- Think up your challenge or get inspiration from our list of 26 suggestions below
- Either click here to create your own Fundraising page and encourage friends and family to donate or click here to make a donation
- Complete your challenge
Film yourself taking on your challenge and send to email address or post onto Facebook and tag @SaintsFoundation and add the #TwoPointSixChallenge so that we can see your challenges!
26 ideas for your 2.6 Challenge:
1. Run or cycle 2.6 miles
2. Hold the plank for 2.6 minutes
3. Garden for 26 minutes
4. Sing for 26 minutes
5. Juggle for 2.6 minutes
6. Make a smoothie in 2.6 minutes
7. Write out 26 positive statements and share with friends and family
8. Facetime 26 people
9. Run around the garden or lounge 26 times
10. Learn a joke in 2.6 minutes
11. Dance around the lounge for 26 minutes
12. Learn a card trick in 26 minutes
13. Bake for 26 minutes
14. Do 26 star jumps in 26 seconds
15. Send 26 heart emojis to friends and family (and get them to pass it on)
16. Meditate for 26 minutes
17. Climb your stairs 26 times or as many times as you can in 26 minutes
18. Do 26 burpees in 2.6 minutes
19. Sing the alphabet 26 times
20. Make a card tower with 26 cards
21. Learn 1-26 in another language
22. Put on 26 items of clothing in 26 seconds
23. Do as many keepie-uppies as you can in 26 minutes (with a football or a toilet roll)
24. Hold a 26 hour or 2.6 hour sponsored silence
25. Post 26 Tik Toks on the 26th April
26. Create a workout with 26 different short exercises
Your challenge needs to be completed on or from Sunday 26th April onwards. There are no rules, apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time.