Ahead of Southampton’s Carabao Cup third-round tie away to Portsmouth next Tuesday, we bring supporters all the key information, both for those attending the game and those heading to St Mary’s for a screening of the match.
Safety and security information
Southampton Football Club has worked closely with Hampshire Constabulary in the run-up to the game regarding the safety and security of away fans. As always, the club’s main priority is to ensure that all fans are able to watch the game in a safe environment and enjoy the match.
We would like to remind all supporters to be mindful and respectful when travelling to and from the match and while they are in and around the ground.
If travelling by public transport, fans are reminded that replica shirts and club colours of any form make them easily identifiable. The same applies for those travelling by car who may possess club-related merchandise inside their vehicles.
Fans are encouraged to be aware of their own behaviour and vigilant of those around them before, during and after the game. Fans are also advised to report and flag any inappropriate behaviour, wherever possible, with our Supporter Relations team by texting SFCREPORT to 60060 with full details or by calling 02380 711980 or using our dedicated supporter email address: [email protected].
The club takes the safety and security of all fans extremely seriously, and, in liaison with Hampshire Constabulary, will investigate thoroughly and deal appropriately with any instance where the fans’ charter is brought into disrepute.
All tickets will have been sent to supporters by the middle of this week. We would advise any fans who have not received their tickets by the weekend to contact us on Saturday 21st September between 9.30am-4pm. Please call the Ticket Office on 02381 780780 in this instance.
Official coach travel
Official coach travel costs £16 return, and departs from St Mary’s at 5.15pm. Please note, St Mary’s will be the only pick-up and drop-off point for this game. Travel can still be purchased at tickets.saintsfc.co.uk, although spaces are very limited, so we encourage supporters to secure their seats as soon as possible.buy official coach travel
The club and Hampshire Constabulary would like to assure supporters that, although there will be no “bubble” operation as there was for the previous fixture at Fratton Park, the police will be helping to ensure both the safe arrival of the coaches at Fratton Park as well as supporters’ entry and exit from the ground, and will be present during the journey.
Parking at St Mary’s
Blue Badge Holders:
All blue badge holders coming to the stadium for EITHER coach travel to Portsmouth or for a screening event at St Mary’s can pre-book free-of-charge parking. Bookings can be made via our Supporter Relations team on 02380 711980 or [email protected].
Non Disabled Visitors:
Parking for official coach travel – There is NO parking available for visitors getting the coaches from St Mary’s, due to timings, with staff still utilising the stadium’s car parks and significant space required for the coach operation.
Screening Events – There is parking available after 6pm for visitors attending screening events, but this MUST be pre booked via Supporter Relations using the details above. There is a £2 charge for non-disabled parking at the stadium on that evening. Please note, this parking is very limited due to the space needed for coach drop-offs etc and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Alternative Parking in the city – Parking is available in multiple locations close to St Mary’s and around the city. Please click here for more details.
Travelling by train
South Western Railway has confirmed that there will be three additional trains scheduled for September 24th to help get fans to and from the match safely.
The first will be leaving Brockenhurst at 5.55pm, calling at Southampton Central and Fratton only. This train will consist of eight carriages. It will stop at Southampton Central at 6.10pm.
There will be a return train leaving Fratton at 10.34pm, heading to Southampton Central only. This train will consist of eight carriages.
There will also be a train leaving Fratton at 10.14pm. This will stop at Hilsea, Cosham and Portchester and Fareham.
British Transport Police will be carrying out patrols on these trains and others throughout September 24th, with support of officers from Hampshire Constabulary.
These officers will be there to help ensure the safety of everyone on board and if you have any concerns during the journey please speak to them.
Fratton Park information
• Supporters are advised not to bring bags to Fratton Park, in order to speed up entry times. The club does operate an A4 bag policy. For anyone requiring a bigger bag, you must contact [email protected].
• No alcohol is available in the away section, due to the nature of the stand and the areas being in view of the pitch. There are also no betting facilities.
• Instruments will not be permitted at this fixture.
• Flags will be permitted, providing they are within 2m x 1m
• No parking will be available at the ground (Disabled supporters should see below for further information).
• Parking restrictions are in place around the ground, although spaces are available in a secure car park at Miltoncross Academy, PO3 6RB, at a cost of £6.
Information for disabled supporters:
• Please note, the wheelchair bays at Fratton Park are positioned in the Fratton End, which is a home stand. However, there will be stewards and Disability Liaison Staff managing this area. Ambulant seating in the away end does require walking up and down stairs. Wheelchair spaces are available on coach travel by contacting supporter relations.
• There is no accessible toilet in the away section. Access to one in another stand can be facilitated, but there are steps up and down. Please speak to the nearest steward on the day in order for them to assist.
• Disabled supporters travelling independently and who require parking should contact Southampton FC’s Supporter Relations team on 02380 711980 or via supporterrel[email protected].
• If you have any questions or concerns, or need additional information or assistance please contact our Supporter Relations team to enable us to liaise with our counterparts at Portsmouth.
There is no designated away pub in Portsmouth for this game. Supporters wishing to visit a pub in advance of the game are strongly advised to do so outside of Portsmouth.