St Mary’s Stadium will next month play host to a leading sports science and medicine conference.
The 2018 Movement Conference, run by Movement Performance Solutions, will bring together a number of experts across areas such as physiotherapy and strength and conditioning, with the aim of helping athletes, patients and clients reach their goals of remaining injury free and allowing them to excel in their chosen pursuit.
The event, which takes place on Saturday 24th March and is followed by a masterclass on Sunday 25th March, will explore multiple aspects of movement analysis and training interventions across a range of disciplines.
Southampton’s own Professional Development Phase Physiotherapist, Steve Sparks, will lead a practical masterclass, while speakers on the Saturday include Professors Maria Stokes, Deborah Falla and Ewa Roos, who will be joined by others in focusing on issues such as…
• How movement in athletes is influenced by pain, injury, fatigue and training and coaching
• New directions in movement assessment
• Exploring successful interventions to facilitate enhanced movement skills
On Sunday, the practical masterclasses will feature a mix of highly-experienced clinicians and coaches, who will share their insight across a range of areas:
• Practical applications of strength and conditioning in running (Richard Blagrove)
• Synergies of the neck and shoulder (Mark Comerford)
• Managing the hip through movement (Steve Sparks)
• Integrating movement for programme design (Lincoln Blandford and Jeannette Hoftjizer)
Programme chair Lincoln Blandford said: “The practical application of contemporary research is supplying clear strategies of how to assess and retrain movement patterns and change mechanisms to improve outcomes.
“Join us to explore what the value of movement can add to your athletes, patients and clients.”
For further programme and registration details, click here.