saintsfc.co.uk provides a statistical look ahead to Southampton's game against Swansea City in the Barclays Premier League at St Mary's on Sunday. (Kick-off 4pm GMT).
- Swansea City have won just one of their last nine Premier League away matches (W1 D3 L5).
- Saints have kept seven clean sheets in their last 11 Premier League matches at St Mary’s.
- Swansea City have gone 377 minutes of league football without a goal against Southampton.
- Saints are unbeaten in six league meetings against Swansea, winning three and drawing three.
- There have been just six goals scored in the five Premier League games between the two sides.
- Saints have dropped fewer points than any other team from winning positions (two).
- Saints are the only team not to concede a penalty this season.
- Only Aston Villa and Swansea (one) have scored fewer headed goals in the Premier League than Saints this season (two).
- 42 points from 22 matches is Southampton’s best ever points haul in their top-flight history.
Saints wins: 31
Swansea wins: 19
- The first ever meeting between the two sides ended in a 2-1 win for Swansea City in the Southern League.
- Saints’ first win came seven days later, as they won 2-1 away at the Swans.
- The first meeting between the two sides in the Premier League ended in a 1-1 draw in November 2012.
- Saints have won three and drawn two of the five Premier League meetings between the two clubs.
- Last season, Saints won 2-0 at home to Swansea City.
- Saints have won the previous two meetings between the two sides 1-0.
- Swansea’s last win against Saints came in October 2008, a 3-0 win in the Championship.
- The two sides have never met in a cup competition.
- In November 1960, Saints beat Swansea 5-0 at home, but four years later lost 6-0 away to the Welsh side.
Sept 2014: Swansea City 0-1 Southampton (Premier League)
May 2014: Swansea City 0-1 Southampton (Premier League)
Oct 2013: Southampton 2-0 Swansea City (Premier League)
Apr 2013: Swansea City 0-0 Southampton (Premier League)
Nov 2012: Southampton 1-1 Swansea City (Premier League)
Swansea City 0-1 Southampton
Barclays Premier League
20th September 2014
Victor Wanyama scored his first goal for Southampton as they secured a second 1-0 win at Swansea City in as many visits.
The Kenyan midfielder had only just entered the action in place of the injured James Ward-Prowse when he prodded home from inside the penalty area.
Wilfried Bony had been sent off five minutes before half-time for the home side, and Saints made their man advantage count in the second half as Wanyama won it.
Swansea: Fabianski, Tayor, Williams (c), Fernandez, Rangel, Dyer (Montero), Shelvey, Ki (Emnes), Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony. Unused substitutes: Carroll, Gomis, Tremmel (GK), Bartley, Richards.
Saints: Forster, Clyne, Fonte (c), Yoshida (Gardos), Bertrand, Cork (S. Davis), Ward-Prowse (Wanyama), Schneiderlin, Tadić, Long, Pellè. Unused substitutes: K. Davis (GK), Mayuka, Targett, McQueen.