Full time - 40 hours per week plus home league fixtures. Closing Date: 11th December 2014
Public Catering Assistant, Halo Conference & Events – Full time (40 hours per week plus home league fixtures)
Halo Conferences & Events is the catering business within the Southampton Football Club Group. Halo is an aspiring catering company in its own right, challenging the paradigm of large scale catering to provide exceptional quality to their customers.
Acquired by the Football Club in 2010; together they operate a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration ¬- this is the Southampton Way.
We want people who can lead the way and become an example to others. At Halo Conferences & Events you¹ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward. Be part of it…
What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Catering Assistant to join Halo Conferences & Events. The role will be responsible for the successful running of the public department alongside the Public Catering Manager on the concourse.
The role will also involve assisting with organising match day staff, setting stock levels and generally maintaining the Food and Beverage outlet units. The primary aim of the role will be to ensure operational efficiency and at all times aiming to exceed the client expectations. Continual development of the business; using new products, service techniques, staff training and other efficiencies will be essential for the success of the role.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with Stadium experience or equivalent within a public catering environment with excellent communication and organisational skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic coordinator whose knowledge of a food and beverage operation within a fast paced environment will provide value to our business.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience in a similar role.
• Experience in EPOS till systems.
• Excellent administration and organisation skills.
• A minimum of A–C achieved in Maths and English GCSE.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of material or product.
• Knowledge of health and safety and hygiene requirements for storage and serving of food.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Computer literate in all MS Office packages.
• Be a positive person and an enthusiastic team player.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 22 day’s holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2 times your basic salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your current salary to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 11th December 2014.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer